I love my iPhone, Macbook Pro, iMac and Mac Pro so no anti-Apple bias here.
The iPad, I don’t like it.
1. That is a horrible name. “iPad” Really, Apple?
2. It’s ugly. That thick border around the screen looks terrible.
3. No Multitasking. (Deal Breaker)
4. No Camera, so no video chat. (Deal Breaker)
5. Book Reader – It looks like a book with pages. Can we stop that please? It’s stupid. Plus I see no way to load books not purchased through the iBook store. I have a LOT of ebooks in other formats. I can load them on my Kindle but not iPad? (Deal Killer)
6. iPhone OS. So I can’t load apps unless they’ve been blessed by Apple and everything is managed through iTunes. (Deal Breaker)
7. 64 Gigs. Massive fail. My iTunes library exceeds 150Gigs alone.
8. No SD card slot.
9. The iPhone interface works great on the iPhone. Not so well on the iPad.
1. Battery life: 10 hours.
The iPad is a big iTouch. It’s not a general purpose computer.
A great big “meh” for the iPad.
Unless those deal breakers change I won’t be getting one.
UPDATE: #10 on the bad side. No user replaceable battery.